There are multiple ways to complete tasks, including:
- Using the Slack message menus and buttons
- Using the Slack completion buttons
- Using the Workast web application
- To bring up a list of tasks in a channel, type /todo list. You can also bring up the the tasks in your personal space in any channel by typing /mytodo list. Either command will bring up a list of tasks.
- Once the list is shown in the Slack channel, click on the ellipses (three dots) next to the task to bring up the task menu.
- Select "Complete" to complete the task.
- The channel will be shown a notification that the task is complete. (Click here to learn how to turn off that notification.)
- Tasks can also be completed from their task creation message. Click on the task menu (ellipses) and select "Complete" to complete the task.
Quick tip - You can also quickly complete a task from your Daily Reminders in Slack. Just select the task from the daily reminder list to complete it.
Using the Workast web application
- To get to Workast, click on this link and log in with your Slack credentials
- Click on the list that contains the task that you want to mark as complete.
- Navigate to that task, and click the grey check mark to the left of the task name to mark the task as done. You can mark multiple tasks as complete, one right after the other
- The completed task will move to the bottom of the list, under the "Completed Tasks" heading
How to un-complete a task
You can undo a completed task in Workast by clicking on the green check mark. This will mark the task as not complete, and move it to "Open Tasks" in the same list.