With Workast, you have the option to create tasks that repeat on a regular basis. The repeat options are customizable by days, weeks and months, so whether it's a task that happens every day, every 2nd Tuesday, or once every 4 months, the repeating task options can work for you!
To create a repeating task:
- Open the space in Workast where you would like to create the repeating task
- Click on "Add in new task" and type in the details of the task, then press enter to create the task
- Click on the newly created task to open the task details page
- Click to select a due date. Choose the first due date for the task.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Repeat.
- Choose how often would like the task to repeat:
- Never - this means that the task will not repeat
- Daily - this means that the task will be created again every day once the task is marked as completed
- Monthly - this means that the task will be created on the same day each month once the task is completed. You can adjust how often this will occur using arrow keys next to the number- for example, every 1 month will mean the task will repeat monthly, 3 will mean it repeats every 3 months, etc.
- Weekday - this means that the task will be created Monday through Friday once the task is marked as completed. It will not repeat on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Yearly - this means that the task will repeat on the same day each year once the task is marked as completed
- Weekly - this means that the task will be created on the same day(s) each week once the task is completed. You can select which days of the week in which the tasks occurs by clicking on the day boxes, and you can adjust how often this will occur by using the arrow keys next to the number. For example, if you highlight the first and second T (indicating Tuesday and Thursday), and have the task repeat every 2 weeks, the task will repeat every other week on both Tuesday and Thursday
- If you want the task to be created in the same list within the space when it repeats, click the switch next to "Create in current list" so the button is red and moved to the right. Otherwise, the task will be created in the default list in the space.
- Click "Save" to save your due date options. When you minimize the task, you will see a repeating arrow symbol on the task line to indicate that it is repeating task.
- Please note - tasks must be completed for them to be recreated.
Editing a repeating task/changing a non-repeating task into a repeating task
To edit a repeating task, or to change a non-repeating task into a repeating one, simply open the task in the Workast web app, and click on the current due date. You can then edit the due date, and change all the repeating options. Click "Save" to confirm the changes.