- Login to the Workast Dashboard using Slack credentials
- On the top right hand corner, click on your avatar, then select "Preferences."
- Here you can customize which notifications are sent to you through Workast on Slack
Daily reminders are tasks that are assigned to you in a channel or on your personal to do list that are:
- Due today or Overdue
They can also include tasks:
- With no due date
- Due in the future
- That you have assigned to others
This message is received via Workast through a direct message on Slack.
How to turn on daily reminders
When the switch is to the right and shown in red, daily reminders are ON.
There are 5 options to customize when and what daily reminders you receive:
- Days - The days of the week highlighted in red indicate which days of the week you will receive your daily reminders. S M T W T F S represents the days of the week. i.e Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday.
- Time of the day - The time you receive your reminders. Click on the arrow and scroll up or down to adjust the time. You can double check your timezone setting at the top of the settings page.
- Include tasks with no due date - when the switch is to the right and shown in red, this option is turned on
- Include tasks assigned to others - when the switch is to the right and shown in red, this option is turn on
- Include tasks due in the future - when the switch is to the right and shown in red, this option is turn on.
How to turn off all Daily Reminders
When the switch is to the left and shown in white, daily reminders will be turned off.
Notifications are shown from the Workast bot in Slack.
Here are the notifications explained:
- Assigned to a task: In the Workast bot, when you are assigned a task you receive a notification from Workast that you are assigned to the task. This is so you know which task you have to work on. This notification is ON by default.
- A task you created is completed: You may create a task and assign it to another person. To be notified by Workast in Slack when the task you created has been completed, tick this box. This notification is ON by default.
- Product update announcements: Approximately once every two months, we send out updates about the new features in the Workast bot. This notification is ON by default.
Having the switch to the right and showing in red indicates that a notification is turned on. Having the switch to the left and showing in white indicates that a notification is turned off.
You can also choose when you are reminded about an upcoming task that is due. The default reminder is set at 30 minutes before the due time. Click on the arrow and scroll up or down to adjust the due time. If you don't want to be reminded when a task is due, select "Never."