Task reminders are automatically set when a due date and time is chosen for a task. Reminder is sent by To-do bot direct message on Slack
- Create new task.
- Set the due date and time - a due time must be set to receive a reminder.
- As a default, the reminder will be sent 30 minutes before the due time.
How to change your default reminder setting
To change the default time to receive a reminder of a task, follow the directions below:
- Login to the Workast web app using your Slack credentials.
- On the top right-hand corner, click on your avatar and select "Preferences."
- Under Notifications, there is an option which says "Send a reminder when a task is due".
- Click on the drop-down menu to change this time. If you don't want a reminder before a task due time, scroll up and select "Never."
How to set reminders for specific tasks that you are assigned
When you receive a notification in your Workast channel about a task that you have been assigned or are following, you have an option to set an individual reminder for that task.
Click "Remind me late" for some preset reminder options, or type in when you'd like to be reminded. Please note that if you type in your own reminder time, you must use the standard date/time format such as Friday 12pm, April 5 12pm, or 4/5 12pm. If you want to be reminded about a task later that same day, you must put in a time later than the current time.
At your set time, you will receive a reminder about the task in your Workast channel.