Tags are a great way to quickly label and identify tasks. Tags can be be created, and tasks tagged, either in Slack or directly in Workast.
Creating and using tags in Slack
- Click on the drop down menu under a task, and scroll down to Tags.
- To use an existing tag, simply click on the tag(s) and the tag label will be added.
- To create a new tag, select "create new tag" which will bring up a pop-up menu, allowing you to create the new tag name and color.
Creating and using tags in Workast
- Open up the task in Workast by double clicking on it
- On the right hand side of the screen, either click on the + symbol next to the Tags label, or click on "Select a tag"
- To use an existing tag, select the tag that you want to use. Tags already used in that space will be listed, to show all tags used in your team, click the "Show all tags" switch so that the button is to the right and shown in red.
- The tag indicator will appear next to the task number, visible even when the task details are minimized
- To create a new tag, select the "Create a new tag" option, then enter the tag name and click on a color choice to assign a color to that tag. If you'd like to choose additional colors, click on "More colors" to receive different random color options. Click "Save" to save the tag, then click on the tag to add the tag to the task.
For information on how to edit or delete tags, click here.