Editing a task and adding a description can be done within Slack by using the drop-down message menu.
- Click on the drop-down menu under the task in Slack and select "Edit."
- A pop-up window will appear which will allow you to edit the name of the task and add a description.
- Edit the task as needed then click "Save" to confirm the changes.
You can also edit a task and add a description by using the drop-down menu after using the /todo list command.
- Type /todo list in the channel containing the task that you'd like to edit.
- Select the task from the list of tasks.
- Select "Edit" from the list of actions. Edit the task as needed, then click "Save" to confirm the changes.
To learn how to edit a task name in the Workast web app, click here.