Message menus in Slack are a great way to edit and customize tasks without having to leave the Slack environment. All of the following are possible either using the drop-down message menu that appears directly underneath the task when created, or by using the menu after using the /todo list command:
- Completing the task
- Assigning the task to yourself or others
- Adding or changing the due date
- Editing the task and/or adding a description
- Adding a comment
- Removing the task
- Adding the task to a list or creating a new list
- Adding a tag to the task or creating new tags
- Adding a subtask to a task
To use the menu after a task is created, click on the drop-down message menu directly underneath the task. To use the menu after using the /todo list command, select the task that you'd like to edit, then select the action.
Adding a subtask to a task
- Click on the message menu and scroll down to "Create subtask." Select it.
- A task creation pop-up will open. Enter your subtask title, and then add a description, due date and assignee if you'd like.
- Click "Create" to create the subtask. A confirmation message will appear that the subtask has been created.