You can now create a task from a message already entered into Slack.
To create your task:
- Mouse over to the right of the text, then click on the 3 horizontal dots ("more actions" button.)
- Select "Create a Task"
- A pop-up will appear, allowing you to create a task. The Slack message will be the default task title, but can be edited.
- You can also add a description, assign the task to a single team member, and add a due date as applicable. The due date can be manually typed, or one of the preset options can be chosen.
- Click "Create" to create the task. (To cancel the task creation, select "Cancel.")
- The task will then be created. The standard drop-down message menu is available under the task creation message, to allow for additional customization, such as adding additional team members and tags.
Please note - the message action feature is not yet available for Slack teams that are on the Enterprise/Grid plan.