A subtask adds the flexibility of showing smaller or related steps within a larger task. They can be edited and customized in the Workast web application.
To customize a subtask:
- Open the parent (original) task in the Workast web app
- Click on the subtask that you want to customize
- A subtask panel will appear on the right hand side of your screen
- To close the subtask panel, click on the X in the top-right hand corner
The subtask panel has the following options:
- Task completion - the completion check mark is at the very top, next to the subtask title - select to complete a task
- Set/edit a due date - use the calender icon at the in the top left - click + to expand to add or edit a due date. (As a reminder, subtasks cannot be set to repeat.)
- Add or edit assignees - use the person icon in the top right - click + to expand to add or edit assignees. To remove assignees, click on one of the users' avatars then press the delete button (garbage can icon) next to the user(s) that you wish to unassign.
- Add or edit tags - the tag icon is directly underneath the calendar - click + to add or edit tags
- Add task followers - the follower bell icon is directly underneath the people - click the + to add followers. Please not that you can add task followers here but cannot edit them. (You can remove yourself as a follower by clicking on the 3 vertical dots on the subtask header. Other followers have to remove themselves. For more information on assigning followers, click here.)