Task templates can be created to easily replicate common tasks for your workspace. The template menu can be found in the Workast web app, in the left-hand task bar, under your spaces.
To create a template:
- Click on the arrow next to the Templates heading to expand the templates section
- Select "Create new template" - a new screen will appear, allowing you to name the template and add a description.
- Click "Create" to create the template, and proceed to the template details screen.
- Once you are in the template detail screen, the default list name will be "Open Tasks" just like other in other spaces. When you import the template into a space, these tasks will merge into your same "Open Tasks" list unless you change the list name. You can click on the three vertical dots to edit the list title.
- You can then add tasks and subtasks, and include assignees, attachments, followers, tags and descriptions just as you would with a standard task. You can also add multiple lists to the template. Please note that at this time, you cannot add due dates to templates. (For more information on standard task creation, click here.)
Adding a template to a space
Once your template has been created:
- Open the space where you'd like to import the template
- Click the three vertical dots/space menu in the upper right-hand corner
- Select "Import template" and select the desired template, then click "import."
- The template will then be imported into the space. Assignees will receive notifications of assigned tasks, and reminders will be sent as usual.