Workast offers a team management dashboard for viewing team activity and for managing member roles. Although all team members can view the dashboard, only administrators can manage member roles. The user who downloaded the app for the team will automatically become the first team administrator.
Accessing your team's dashboard
You can access the team dashboard by clicking on your avatar in Workast, and selecting "Manage team."
Navigating the admin dashboard
There are three different user categories that can be viewed in the dashboard:
- Active - the default view showing all active users
- Deactivated - users whose accounts have been deactivated by an admin. Deactivated users cannot access the team's Workast
- Admin - only those who have administrative access
Results can be viewed in either ascending or descending order by most recent app activity. To change user type views, click on the "Active" button and select the user category that you would like to see. To change between ascending and descending order, click on the Ascending/Descending button.
Changing user status
User status can be changed by members with admin privileges only, and you cannot amend your own status. The following changes can be made:
- Changing a member to an admin
- Changing an admin to a member
- Changing a member to a deactivated member
- Changing a deactivated member back to an active member
Please note: By deactivating a member, they will lose access to your team's workast.io website, be removed from all spaces, and will be signed out the web app the next time they take any action on the page, or when the page is refreshed. Should a deactivated user become reactivated, they will still be removed from the individual spaces in which he/she was a member, and will need to be re-added.
To change a user's status, an admin can do the following:
- Click on the ellipsis (3 dots) to the right of the user's name.
- Available options to change their status will appear. Click on the option that you would like to select.
- A pop-up will occur, reminding you of the change that will occur, and asking you to confirm the action.
- Press OK to confirm the change, or cancel to cancel the action.