Workast is the ideal place to plan, deploy, and complete a project or an event. You can create a space for the project, create lists, add team members and assign tasks all within the Workast web app.
Creating a Space for your project
To create a space in the Workast web app:
- Click on the red + next to "Spaces"
- A new window will open. Click the green "Create Space" on the upper right-hand side of the page to open the Space creation page
- Select who can join the space. The default selection is "Anyone on the team" which makes it a public space. To change the space to private, click the down arrow on the right, and select "Only by invite."
- Name your space, and add a description if desired
- Invite users to your space if desired - type in the names of the users that you would like to invite, and click on the populated results
- Select an existing Slack channel if you wish to link the space to to a channel. Please note - this is the only time that you will be able to link the space to a Slack channel.
- Click the green "Create" button to finish completing the space
Creating lists for your project/event
The next step in creating the space for your project/event is adding lists, which will allow you to seamlessly organize your tasks.
To create lists for your space:
- Click on "Create a new list"
- Enter list title
- Hit enter to save the list title
- To move list within the space, click on the three vertical dots on the right hand side of the list and click "Move Up" or Move Down"
- To set a list as the default list in the space, click on three vertical dots on the right hand side of the list and click "Set as default"
- To delete a list in the space, click on the three vertical dots on the right hand side of the list and click "Delete."
Creating and assigning tasks
Once your lists are created, you can start adding tasks.
- Clicking on "Add a new task" under the individual list to create new tasks.
- Entering a date in the task line will assign a due date, and hitting the tab key will allow you to assign the task to a user during task creation.
- You can then click on the task to expand it, allowing you to add a description, attachments, subtasks and tags.