Your team can organize your work and keep track of what is due, when, using the calendar view in spaces. The calendar in spaces can be used to:
- View all task with due dates in that space
- Create tasks with start and stop times
- Edit tasks
- Complete tasks
Quick tip - to change a task color in your calendar, add a tag.
To view the calendar in your space, click on the calendar tab:
To change the view between month, date, and year, click on your preferred view.
How to create a task with a start and a stop/due time
To create a task in the calendar view:
- Click on a date - a task creation pop-up will appear
- Add your task title in the text field
- Click on the date and time field to expand the calendar. (If no dates and times are chosen, the task will automatically be set for a 9:00 am due time with a 15 minute duration.)
- Select the start date of the task by clicking on a date in the calendar. Select the end date by clicking on second date.
- To select a time of day, click on "Select time" at the bottom right-hand corner of the calendar field. The view will change from dates to time. To select a time, scroll through the hours and minutes on the left hand side for the start time, and the right hand side for the stop/due time.
- Click "OK" to confirm the start and stop dates and times, and then "Create" to create the task.
How to edit the due time or the task duration
- To change the due time of task, drag and drop the task to the desired due date and/or time.
- To change the task duration, click the vertical edge of the task and drag your mouse to either lengthen or shorten the task duration.
How to edit/customize a task in the calendar
Clicking on a task in the calendar view will bring up a sub panel, allowing for the following options:
- Task completion - the completion check mark is at the very top, next to the task title - select to complete a task
- Edit a due date - use the calender icon at the in the top left - click + to expand to add or edit a due date. (This will only edit the due date, not the task start date.)
- Add or edit assignees - use the person icon in the top right - click + to expand to add or edit assignees. To remove assignees, click on one of the users' avatars then press the delete button (garbage can icon) next to the user(s) that you wish to unassign.
- Add or edit tags - the tag icon is directly underneath the calendar - click + to add or edit tags. The first tag added to a task will change the color of the task's appearance on the calendar to that color.
- Add task followers - the follower bell icon is directly underneath the people - click the + to add followers. Please not that you can add task followers here but cannot edit them. (You can remove yourself as a follower by clicking on the 3 vertical dots on the subtask header. Other followers have to remove themselves. For more information on assigning followers, click here.)
- Add or edit the task description
- Add attachments by dragging and dropping files or by browsing files from your computer/device
- Add subtasks - you can create a subtask, and include the date during creating by including it in your task creation line. For example - Review blog post Fri 10am - use the tab key to assign subtasks to a user.
- Add a comment