Creating a task from the shortcut button (+) in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen will allow you to create tasks in any space, in any list, and will also allow you to create multiple tasks in a row without leaving the task creation window. Here's how:
- Mouseover the + button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen in the Workast web app. The + will turn into a pen icon and the text "Create a task" will appear - click on the pen.
- A new task creation window will open.
- If you will be creating multiple tasks, check the "Create another" box in the bottom left
- In the top of the screen, choose the space where you would like the task from the drop-down menu by clicking on the arrow key to the right of the first space name.
- Once the space field is chosen, a list field will populate - choose the list for the task in the same way, using the arrow to the right to scroll through the possible lists.
- Type the task name in the "Summary" field.
- Enter a description if desired by typing in the description field.
- Add a due date if desired by clicking the + next to "Due Date" or "Select a due date"
- Add an assignee if desired by clicking on the + next to "Assigned" or "Assign task to a user." Click on the user from the populated list, or enter his/her name in the "Search for a user" field. Repeat for additional users
- Add a tag if desired by clicking on the + next to "Tag" or "Select a tag"
- Click "Create" to create the task
- If you checked the "Create another" box, the task creation field will reappear again so you can create more tasks. When you are about to finish creating your final task, un-check that box to exit the screen. You can also select "Cancel" at any time to exit the task creation screen.
To create a task for multiple users to complete independently:
- Complete the same steps as above, however, after adding your second assignee, a check box will appear under the assignees that reads "Create a task for each assigned" - click that box. Repeat the process to add as many assignees as you like.
- Continue completing the task.
- Click "Create" to create the task. This will create a separate task for each of the assigned users to complete independently of each other.