When you create a task in Workast, any dates entered in the task creation line are recognized and become the due date for the task. This is helpful most of the time, but occasionally you may want to keep that date in the task title, and not have it become the due date for the task.
You can bypass that automatic due date during task creation three ways:
Using an ! at the end of your task title in the web app
- Click on "Add a new task" in any screen in the Workast web app
- Type your task title. Include a day of the week, or a date in your task title
- Before hitting enter to create your task, add ! to the end of the task title
- Complete task creation, the date will appear in the task title and will not have affected the due date
Using an ! at the end of your task title in Slack
- Begin your standard task creation using the /todo command, and enter your due date
- Add an ! at the end of your task, and then hit enter to complete the task
- The date will appear in the task title and will not have impacted the due date
Using the task creation shortcut key (+)
- Mouseover the + button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen in the Workast web app. The + will turn into a pen icon and the text "Create a task" will appear - click on the pen.
- A new task creation window will open.
- If you will be creating multiple tasks, check the "Create another" box in the bottom left
- In the top of the screen, choose the space where you would like the task from the drop down menu by clicking on the arrow key to the right of the first space name.
- Once the space field is chosen, a list field will populate - choose the list for the task in the same way, using the arrow to the right to scroll through the possible lists.
- Type the task name in the "Summary" field. You can type in a day of the week, or a date, and that entry will not affect the due date of the task.
- Enter a description if desired by typing in the description field.
- Add a due date if desired by clicking the + next to "Due Date" or "Select a due date"
- Add an assignee if desired by clicking on the + next to "Assigned" or "Assign task to a user."
- Add a tag if desired by clicking on the + next to "Tag" or "Select a tag"
- Click "Create" to create the task
- If you checked the "Create another" box, the task creation field will reappear again so you can create more tasks. When you are about to finish creating your final task, un-check that box to exit the screen. You can also select "Cancel" at any time to exit the task creation screen.