This article will cover how to connect an existing space that is not connected to Slack to a Slack channel. If you want to change the Slack channel connected with a space, or disconnect a space from Slack, refer to this article.
If you'd like to know how to create a space and have it linked to a Slack channel from creation, see this article.
Please note that a Slack channel can only be associated with one Workast space.
To link your space to a Slack channel:
- Click on the apps icon (square grid) in the top right-hand corner of your space.
- Select "Manage apps." A new apps page will open.
- Under "Add new Apps" select Slack. A confirmation will appear that Slack has been added.
- Next, press the X in the top right-hand corner of the screen to leave that page and return to your space.
- Click on the apps icon (square grid) a second time, and select "Slack" and then "Settings." You will then get a list of public Slack channels that can be connected to your space. (Only public channels are available at this time.) Select a channel to connect it to your space. Only channels that are not connected to another Workast space will connect successfully.
- Click Save to confirm the channel connection.