You can now attach Google drive files to tasks, quickly and easily, within the Workast web app.
How to add Google Drive to a space
- Click on the app button (square grid) in the top right-hand corner of your space.
- Select "Manage apps."
- Click "Install" next to Google Drive.
- You will then be asked to give Workast permission to access Google Drive. Follow the prompts on your screen and click "Authorize" to allow the integration. If you are signed in to multiple Workast teams, you can scroll through your different teams by clicking on the arrow next to the team name.
- Once your Google Drive account has been linked to your Workast team, you will need to add the integration into each space where it will be used.
- Click on the app button (square grid) in the top right-hand corner your space again, and select "Manage apps."
- Click "Add" next to Google Drive. This will add Google Drive to the space.
How to attach a Google Drive file to a task
- Once the Google Drive integration is added to a space, click on a task to expand it in the space. Please note that Google Drive attachments can only be added from the list view in a space at this time.
- In the task, under Apps, click on "Attach a file" next to the Google Drive symbol.
- If it is your first time attaching a Google Drive file, you may need to log in. Otherwise, your Google Drive files will appear. Select the file that you wish to attach to the task and click "Select."
- The file will then be attached to the task.
- Please note - attaching a file to a task will not amend the viewing permissions of the file. You may still need to add permissions to the file to ensure your teammates can access the file. For more information on Google drive permissions, see their support information here.
How to delete a Google Drive attachment from a task
- To delete a Google drive attachment, move your cursor over the attachment. A delete icon (garbage can) will appear to the right of the attachment.
- Click on the delete icon (garbage can) to delete the attachment. A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click "Confirm" to confirm the deletion.
- Confirmation will appear that the attachment has been deleted.
How to remove the Google Drive integration from a space
- To remove the Google Drive integration from a space, click on the app icon (square grid) in the top right-hand corner of the space.
- Click on "Manage Apps."
- Click on "Remove" next to Google Drive. A confirmation pop-up will appear. Click "Remove" to confirm removing Google Drive from the space.
- Click the X in the top right-hand corner of the screen to return to the space.