After you login to Workast with your Slack credentials, you can create tasks and include due dates during task creation, as well as edit existing tasks to update the due date.
Setting a due date during task creation:
- Click on "Add a new task"
- Type your task title, adding the due date and/or time at the end of the task title. For example, if you wanted to create a task fill out the new employee paperwork, with a due date of Friday at 12 pm, you'd create a task Fill out the new employee paperwork Fri 12pm
- If you would like to add an assignee at the same time, hit tab and select an assignee. Otherwise, hit enter to complete the task.
- Workast recognizes dates and times in the same way that Slack does, so you are able to enter either the day of the week or the calendar date to create the due date.
Setting or editing a due date after task creation:
- Click on a task to expand it
- Click "Select a due date" if there is no due date, or click on the existing due date
- A calendar screen will open. Either type in the due date and time, or use the calendar to select the due date.
- Click "Save" to confirm the change. To remove an existing due date, click "Remove."
To learn how to create a task with a start time, click here.
To learn how to create a recurring or repeating task, click here.