At times, you may have a task that multiple members of your team need to complete. Using the task creator in the Workast web app, you can create a task and automatically create a new one for each assignee. This will allow each user to individually complete the task.
To create your task:
- Mouseover on the shortcut button (+) in the bottom right-hand corner then click "Create a task" (pencil icon) to open the task creation screen.
- In the top of the screen, choose the space where you would like the task from the drop-down menu by clicking on the arrow key to the right of the first space name.
- Once the space field is chosen, a list field will populate - choose the list for the task in the same way, using the arrow to the right to scroll through the possible lists.
- Type the task name in the "Summary" field.
- Enter a description if desired by typing in the description field.
- Add a due date if desired by clicking the + next to "Due Date" or "Select a due date"
- Add your first assignee by clicking on the + next to "Assigned" or "Assign task to a user." Click on the user from the populated list, or enter his/her name in the "Search for a user" field.
- Add your next user the same way. Once you add your second user, a check box will appear under the assignees that reads "Create a task for each assigned" - click that box.
- Repeat the process to add as many assignees as you wish.
- Add a tag if desired by clicking on the + next to "Tag" or "Select a tag"
- Click "Create" to create the task. This creates a separate task for each of the assigned users to complete independently of each other.