Tasks can be moved easily in the Workast web app. From rearranging the priority in a list, to moving them to a different list or column, or even moving them to a different space, the drag and drop function makes it easy to move your task to where you want it to be.
How to move tasks within the same list or column
- To move a task within the same list or column, drag and drop the task into the position the new position in the list.
- When you are dragging the task, when you hover over the the new position for the task, space will open for the task in the list. Drop the task into that open space in the list.
How to move tasks to a different list or column
- To move a task to a different list, drag and drop it into that list.
Moving tasks to a different list in your search results
- You can also move a task to a different list within the same space from our search feature.
- To move a task to a different list while in search, your search results must be filtered by space.
- After creating a search or saved search, mouse over the four digit task ID on the right side of the task so the three vertical dots.
- Click on the three vertical dots. A pop-up will appear with task options. At the bottom of the list, under "Move to list," the other lists in the space will appear. Click on the list where you'd like to move the task.
- The task will then be moved to the chosen list.
How to move a task from one space to another
- To move a task from one space to another, you must be in the lists view in your space, and the filters must be set to "All Tasks" and "By List."
- Locate the task that you want to move and hover over the task until you see the hand icon
- Drag the task, and move it to the new space - drop it when the new space is highlighted in red.
- The task will appear at the bottom of the default list in the new space.