Any member* of your Slack team can be added to your Workast team. You can do so in one of three ways:
- In Slack - by assigning a task to the user. Learn how here.
- In the web app - by adding the user to a space. Learn how here.
- In the admin dashboard in the web app - see below. You must be a team admin to add users using this method. To learn more about member roles, click here.
* To learn how to add guest users to your team's Workast, click here.
Adding new users in your admin dashboard
- Access your admin dashboard by clicking on your avatar in the web app, then selecting "Manage team."
- Once in your admin dashboard, select "add user." You must be in the "All" user view and a team admin to add a user.
- Begin to type the user's name in the search field, then click on their name when it populates.
- The user will then be added to your team, and you will receive a confirmation pop-up that they have been added successfully.
- If a user has already been added to the Workast team, he/she will not be added a second time and a message will appear that the user already exists in that team. He/she may have been deactivated if he/she is not appearing on the user list. To check your deactivated team members, click the "Active" box and change the filter to "Deactivated."
- To learn how to deactivate or delete a team member, click here.