Any member* of your Slack team can be added to your Workast team. You can do so in one of three ways:
- In Slack - by assigning a task to the user. Learn how here.
- In the web app - by adding the user to a space. Learn how here.
- In the admin dashboard in the web app - see below. You must be a team admin to add users using this method. To learn more about member roles, click here.
* To learn how to add guest users to your team's Workast, click here.
Please note - if you are on the Business Plan, and need to add someone to your subset of users, you must add your new user in the admin dashboard of the web app.
Adding new users in your admin dashboard
- Access your admin dashboard by clicking on your avatar in the web app, then selecting "Manage team."
- Once in your admin dashboard, select "add user." You must be in the "All" user view and a team admin to add a user.
- Begin to type the user's name in the search field, then click on their name when it populates.
- The user will then be added to your team, and you will receive a confirmation pop-up that they have been added successfully.
- If a user has already been added to the Workast team, he/she will not be added a second time and a message will appear that the user already exists in that team. He/she may have been deactivated if he/she is not appearing on the user list. To check your deactivated team members, click the "All" box and change the filter to "Deactivated."
- To learn how to deactivate or delete a team member, click here.